Saturday, March 14, 2015

Don't call it a comeback. I've been here for years




Ok, maybe it is a comeback. Two posts in one week y'aaaall

I love being able to look back on my blog. Over the past year or two I've been terrible at posting, and it makes me sad because I've missed out on documenting important things in my life. We'll see how long I'll keep this up, but I'm hoping to be a little more regular with this blogging thing. 
Another thing that I've been really bad at lately is meaningful scripture study. I've been trying to change that and have noticed a significant difference in my life.  These two scriptures stood out to me one day and I felt like I should share them on here.


I wrote anxiety in here a long time ago, and I'm so glad that I did. I was just turning through my scriptures and came to this. As much as my anxiety totally sucks, I've been really grateful for it lately. I am growing so much trying to fight it, and am learning a lot about my own strength. I used to let anxiety take over and not do much about it, but recently I've changed a lot of poor habits. I'm really excited about the progress I'm making and am feeling really confident in myself because of it.

 Last week Nicole texted me saying that she was coming to Provo. I hadn't seen her in over a YEAR. I last saw her little girl Clara when she was a newborn. It was SOOOO good seeing both of them. So many smiles, squeals and giggles. Nicole is one of the happiest people I know, and her happiness radiates to everyone around her.

cutest lil thang
 

Birthday sushi for my fave Dayna Jane. 


 I've been going to bed early for the past few weeks, which means I wake up early too (duhhh lolz). 
Here's what happens when you wake up early...(emoji with heart eyes)

 Ok, so I sort of lied. I didn't go to bed early ONE night. Emilee and Trent were going to Denny's and I felt reaaaaaaal good about tagging along. Laughs from start to finish.

Casual Denny's



On Thursday night Eric and I got talking about how we both had had the goal to go to every Utah temple. I made this goal to finish before I turned 21 (lolz oops I'm turning 25 this year). I decided to get going on that again right away, so we planned to go to one we hadn't been to the next morning. Michael walked in and we told him of our plan. He was in too. We took some family names and did baptisms in the Jordan River temple. This temple is extra special to me. My parents were married there 33 years ago (in August). They were married on Friday the 13th, so it was only appropriate that I go for my first time on Friday the 13th. While I was waiting for the boys to get dressed, I was sitting reading. As I was reading, the hymn Our Savior's Love started playing on the organ. There have been countless times in my life where that song has come on just when I needed it. I feel like that song is Heavenly Father's way of letting me know that I am loved and that He is looking out for me.

This post was way more serious than I intended. The ones that I feel prompted to write always are. Sorry if you're only here for baby pics.


Things not documented in pics:
Bachelor finale with Dayna and her friends
Basketball game win by forfeit (boooo people who don't show up)
Watching BYU bball game with my franzz
Taking gramma Mags to run errands
Institute even though it was boring this week 
Counseling (yeah, just wrote that on here lolwut but I had to document it because I am so excited about it and what's going to happen in my life because of it)
Zupas with Sean and Eric
Rigoletto with the roommates before hanging with Elysse
Bekah's birthday party
IDP

1 comment:

  1. My parents were married in Jordan River too! Also I have that same temple go so let's go together! Love you and this blog.

    ReplyDelete