Wednesday, October 31, 2012

with a summer home in Truckee

A few weeks ago I got to go to California for my friend Camille's wedding. We all know I LOVE weddings, so you shouldn't be surprised to know that I loved every minute of it. 

We drove. On the way we stopped in Reno. It's my new favorite city! PSYCH! Worst city ever. 


The day of the wedding I drove to the temple with Kaile, Jessica, and Kaitlin. Kaile and Jessica got to go to the sealing, and Kaitlin and I headed over to the visitors center. The cute sister missionaries had us watch a movie about eternal families. I cried hahaha. 

Camille and Alex looked so happy! My friends and I kept commenting on how you can tell he just adores her. We decided we won't settle for anything less. You can feel their love, and I'm so glad I got to be there to experience it.  


We wore pink dresses and cowboy boots. 


Camille looked GORGEOUS! I LOVE her dress too. The bottom layers came off so she could dance in it. Love hidden tricks

In between the temple and the reception we went and saw Pitch Perfect. We realized we kinda looked like a singing group in our matching dresses. Too bad I sound like a dementor when I sing.



The reception was a party. SO MUCH FUN! It was a hoedown so there was a caller and square dancing. I want to go country dancing so badly now. I loved it.



On Saturday we went to San Fransisco. 





We got clam chowder at Boudin's and hit up Ghiradelli's. As we were walking up the stairs a man was singing on the street. He sang to me "girl with the purple pants let me see you do your dance." He also said some other things that made me blush and don't need to be documented

Walking up, yes up, to Lombard street


Lombard street


Awkward family photos in front of the Painted Ladies


Double face in the hole at the Golden Gate Bridge. You knew this was coming.


I forgot how much I love San Fransisco. Sometimes I wish my family had lived in the bay area when I was a little bit older (I was born there and moved before I turned 1). It's such a fun place with so much to do. I feel like I would go on a lot of adventures if I lived here. Maybe some day

The car ride home consisted of Shania Twain lyric changes, a One Direction music video, and a stop in Puckerbrush (population 28). 


I have the greatest friends. I have so much fun with them, and this trip was no exception. I'm willing to share them if you want. Also, almost all of them are single. Fellas??? 

2 comments:

  1. .. do dementors have voices?


    LOVE YA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EXACTLY. They have screeches and heavy breathing.

      Delete