Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Kate Alexandra

"Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else." Judy Garland

I am sitting here waiting for class to start and I just came across a sticky note on my computer that had this quote typed on it. I love it. It was exactly what I needed to hear today. 

Things I'm not: 
1. I am not the perfect student
2. I am not crafty or creative
3. I am not the ideal body type and am not the most desirable in appearance
4. I am not always happy and positive
5. I am not outgoing
I am NOT going to cry about it or get upset about it

Things I am: 
1. I am weird, silly and loud. 
2. I am that girl who listens to music 24/7 (even when I go to the bathroom and my room mates make fun of me every time). 
3. I am awkward. (I have reached the point where this makes me laugh rather than get upset.)
4. I am a faithful blog stalker. (I love learning about people and being inspired by the lives of other people. One thing about me is that I remember people and things in the lives of people. People fascinate me. That is why my major is perfect for me, and I leave class inspired almost every day)
5. I am dancing through life and singing my heart out. Does it sound/look good? Absolutely not. Will that stop me from doing it? Nope, so sorry. I view life as a musical. There is always a need for a spontaneous dance number or a random burst of music. 

I am me, and I love me. I am happy with who I am and recognize my worth as a daughter of God. Comparing myself to someone I'm not will never do me any good. I'm not perfect, and there will be times when I get discouraged and compare myself to others. It is a constant battle that every girl faces. I'm confident in myself and am learning to accept myself the way I am.



Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. you are so beautiful and amazing, Kate! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE YOU! you are seriously awesome and inspire me. thanks for sharing that quote, I needed to hear it today too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so basically i think your AMAZING. that was the best post ever!! your awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love you!! you are gorgeous and so amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your philosophy of life and that you're a free spirit! I can see you becoming General YW President someday and inspiring millions of young women.

    Beautiful photo and beautiful name!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ah, love you Kate!! Thanks for being such a good friend and amazing example!!! Love this post, and those things you said you're not...you are- sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kate you are BEAUTIFUL!! That's a gorgeous picture. Thanks for this post, I too often struggle with comparing myself to other people, so this is a great reminder. You are such a great example and a light to others. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are beautiful and that was beautifully said! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ok FIRST OF ALL:
    - YOU ARE A FREAKING BABE!!!!!!!!! Seriously, you are smoking... and you are all the things you said you AREN'T, so... maybe you should just say that you ARE WRONG. ha!

    But well said about being happy with who you are even if you may not like everything about yourself- but if it makes any different, I really love everything about you.

    ReplyDelete