"Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else." Judy Garland
I am sitting here waiting for class to start and I just came across a sticky note on my computer that had this quote typed on it. I love it. It was exactly what I needed to hear today.
Things I'm not:
1. I am not the perfect student
2. I am not crafty or creative
3. I am not the ideal body type and am not the most desirable in appearance
4. I am not always happy and positive
5. I am not outgoing
I am NOT going to cry about it or get upset about it
Things I am:
1. I am weird, silly and loud.
2. I am that girl who listens to music 24/7 (even when I go to the bathroom and my room mates make fun of me every time).
3. I am awkward. (I have reached the point where this makes me laugh rather than get upset.)
4. I am a faithful blog stalker. (I love learning about people and being inspired by the lives of other people. One thing about me is that I remember people and things in the lives of people. People fascinate me. That is why my major is perfect for me, and I leave class inspired almost every day)
5. I am dancing through life and singing my heart out. Does it sound/look good? Absolutely not. Will that stop me from doing it? Nope, so sorry. I view life as a musical. There is always a need for a spontaneous dance number or a random burst of music.
I am me, and I love me. I am happy with who I am and recognize my worth as a daughter of God. Comparing myself to someone I'm not will never do me any good. I'm not perfect, and there will be times when I get discouraged and compare myself to others. It is a constant battle that every girl faces. I'm confident in myself and am learning to accept myself the way I am.