Tuesday, June 21, 2011

back to their roots

On Sunday we drove a few hours to go see Kwasi's village. I loved seeing where he came from. The people there were so sweet and loving. I didn't want to leave. 

Kwasi's cousins and friend met us and hopped in the Van to ride with us. Before they got in Kwasi looked out the window and saw a girl and said "crap, I know that girl" 

Kwasi being greeted by some family members. Look at how happy they look.

Hugging his cousins

Kwasi and his uncle


They gave us fruit as a gift. 

I thought my cousins were bending over more than they were haha

Josephine's next hairstyle 

Kwasi and his cousin Vera

Chaos giving out gifts
Some boys who kept asking me to take pictures of them 


Kwasi and his friend

Back to the van

After we went to Kwasi's village we stopped by Josephine's auntie's house. This is where Josephine lived when she wasn't in the orphanage. 

Her auntie was really funny and reminded me a lot of Josephine. It made me laugh seeing how similar their personalities are. This is her looking at the picture book that I made for her. Vivian translated for me, so I could tell her things about the pictures, and her auntie would say things back. She said Josie looks like her mother. I loved hearing that. 

We took a couple pictures and her auntie kept looking away from the camera haha. 
I hope to be able to go back to Josie's auntie's again and spend more time with her. We weren't able to stay very long, so hopefully we'll get back there with my sister. 

No comments:

Post a Comment