Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Maxito

Ten years ago today my world was rocked. My little brother Max was born replacing me as the baby in the family. I was in 4th grade and we were still back in Maryland. The only thing I really remember about that day besides holding him for the first time (he farted on me) was recess. I was playing football with the boys in the pit at CES (I didn't play with girls back then hahaha). I was running when suddenly I got pretty much tackled by a boy in my class. Because we were playing in the pit there were all sorts of leaves and sticks and stuff, I ended up getting a stick stuck in my leg and had to go to the nurse. It wasn't bad at all but I still have a scar. Kinda fun to have it as a reminder of Maxie being born. 
I am so incredibly grateful for this little guy. He is my own personal sunshine. Every time I'm sad or having a stressful day (when I'm at home) he comes up and gives me big hugs and kisses. He always tells me I'm pretty. I'll tell him I love him and he comes back with "I love you more!" It's the best thing to hear. He seriously is such a sweetheart. Not sure I ever want to get married. He's my main man in my life, and I'm not sure I want to ever give that up. I guess he'll grow up and it won't be cool to hug your sister anymore, but for now I'm soaking it all in. Happy birthday Maxito! Sure do love you!!

Me with the little guy up at the cabin a few years ago. 

Max loved Pokemon. I'm so glad he's over that. 

The day he was born! He seriously has grown up so quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment