Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Operation: Get Kate A Major

Who is in? I've been trying to figure out my major. I have done EVERYTHING and still have no idea what to do. What do you think I would be good at? I seriously have no idea what to do! I ask everyone all the time what I should pick. I get the same answer every time but I really want to challenge myself so no, I don't think I will do Home and Family Living. I get told I should do that all the time from different people, and I would love to do that, but I want a major that I can use. No offense to that major because I think it's a great one, but I just feel like it's not a very employable major if you know what I mean. RAWR I am so annoying with this major thing. Sorry to my room mates and mom who hear about it ALL THE TIME.

4 comments:

  1. i'm in! i honestly think you should do something in the business school. management maybe? you could do a lot with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My theory - major in something you enjoy and find interesting. Most people don't get a job based upon their major (that's what grad school is for) - If you major in something you enjoy and find interesting, chances are you will get better grades than a major you feel bored by. Good grades and contacts are what open doors to good jobs. I remember stressing out big time about what I should major in. After graduating in Psychology, I went to law school --- not even closely related to my undergraduate major --- but because I took good classes and got good grades - doors were open to me for good jobs as well as entrance to grad school! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this and I thought of a talk I heard in church a few weeks ago. Someone said "Don't pray about jobs, pray that you'll go places where you can influence people for good, and be influenced for good." I thought it was a nice idea. The same applies for your major. Just think about where you could use your individual gifts to influence people for good and be influenced in a good way.

    You would be fabulous at anything you do! I know it's impossible not to worry, but things fall into place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had some good advice on choosing a major. I never even gave myself the chance to stress about a major because I just picked one before I got to college and never looked back. And on days that I get sick of my job and wonder if I made the right choice in what I wanted to study/do, I remember that the end goal and what I will be doing for most of my life is the career of MOM... the best job ever. So my major/career didn't matter so much after all. It's all a means to a really great end.

    I agree with Sara, business would be good! So open-ended.

    ReplyDelete