Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Independence Day Celebration

I don't have any pictures of the 3rd of July. I went over to a family friend's house with my cousins and enjoyed a barbecue and fireworks. I had a great time. On Sunday we had our usual Sunday dinner and then headed over to uncle Hans's for fireworks (an annual tradition).

On the 4th I was showing my family the dance that I have been OBSESSED with all week from So You Think You Can Dance (Alex and Twitch hip hop) and Jaynie was loving the dancing. This is a picture of her gazing at the tv. She's so freaking cute.

As we do every year, we went down to my brother's for breakfast and the parade. We have the best view of the parade. It's so much fun!

Here I am with my favorite Kwasi. I love that he was wearing his Ghana shirt to a 4th of July parade.



My brothers obviously love each other



With Traci and Chloe. I wish my clip was showing better. I made it on Sunday to be festive and I think it is cute. I kind of look like a little girl but whatev.



Max and I with grandma and grandpa Porter


Sometimes my cousin Josie and I are friends. Sunday night she didn't want me to go near her, but I lucked out the next day at the parade when she sat by me on the roof. She is absolutely adorable!



Josie Magleby squared were so cute with Jayne. Here's my cousin Josie hugging baby. Too cute!



I have the best family in the world. I love holidays with them!! I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July weekend.

4 comments:

  1. I love all these pictures! It's so fun to see what everyone did for the holiday and sort of feel like I was kind of there. It's so hard to miss out on all the fun family traditions on holidays, but I love catching up with what we missed on everyone's blogs! Oh and I just have to say I am amazed by the faces Steve is able to make. I don't think I could make my face do that. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Angie-- Steve can make some pretty crazy faces! Looks like such a fun celebration! Your grandparents are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. kate, you are unbelievably pretty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you said about my Josie, so funny! You are the best Kate, totally adorable, witty, clever and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete