Saturday, May 29, 2010

Personal Progress Take 2

It's been a little over a year since I completed my Personal Progress and to be honest I really didn't enjoy fulfilling the requirements. It felt like a chore and I just rushed through it all so I could put it on my college application. To make up for my dumb attitude I decided to commit to doing Personal Progress all over again with the added value of virtue. I'm really excited to do it this time and won't be a slacker with it. To remind myself I'm going to start wearing the necklace that I received when I got my award. I really hope I can accomplish this. I think it would be such a great thing for me to do. I'm trying to better myself in all aspects of my life and Personal Progress is a wonderful tool to do that. I want to try new things and figure out what I'm good at, because currently I have no idea!

In the front of the Personal Progress book it says: "Take advantage of your time in Young Women by preparing to receive the sacred ordinances of the temple, to be a faithful wife and mother, and to strengthen home and family." While in Young Women I definitely didn't take advantage of Personal Progress and I really regret it. I've decided that I will complete Personal Progress before getting married. Luckily that gives me plenty of time to finish because I will not be getting hitched for a long time! Here I go....

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Kate, I am seriously impressed! First of all, by your honesty (and I'm sure you're not the only one who feels they rushed through it, just to get it done), but also with your attitude! The fact that you want to redo it to better yourself "in all aspects of [your] life" is such an amazing goal! Which planet are you from? :) You are one-of-a-kind. (And I still remember that post you wrote a few weeks ago about how you actually enjoy cleaning checks!!)

    Oh yeah, and don't be so sure that you "won't be getting hitched for a long time"-- some smart and lucky guy may discover what a rare gem you are much sooner than you expect! It does happen. Esp at BYU-- "The World is Our Campus." ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great idea. I feel just the same way about PP. Didn't appreciate it fully and just got it done to get it done. I should do it again too!

    ReplyDelete