Monday, May 24, 2010

I Love to See the Temple


Yesterday I had the opportunity to attend the Gila Valley Temple dedication while visiting my cousins in Arizona. It was more light-hearted than other temple dedications I've been to. Outside of the temple President Monson was cracking jokes with Elder Holland and President Eyring. You can tell that they are very close friends. President Monson kept talking about how his wife wasn't able to attend because she is ill. He shared the story of how they met again. I've heard it many times, but I never get sick of it. He talked about how important it is for husbands to treat their wives with respect. I really loved that. Even though I'm obviously not married, I know that respect will be a major thing that I will desire in my spouse.

There was a lot of focus placed on Spencer W. Kimball. He was from this area and always wanted a temple to be there. President Monson shared stories of his experiences with President Kimball. I loved how President Monson showed so much respect and love in the way he spoke about his dear friend. Elder Holland talked about the miracle of forgiveness and how it relates to the temple. I can't wait for next month when we get to take Josephine to the temple to be sealed to us. It's a very unique experience that I am so blessed to have.

1 comment:

  1. That is so cool, Kate! I saw the coverage of the dedication on KSL last night-- maybe you were in the background shots??

    ReplyDelete