Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The 3rd graders

Max and Josie are funny little kids. I am playing mom for the next few days while my mom is at Women's Conference.


Whenever Max and his friend Davis are in the car they compete to see who can find the most "slug bugs". Today they were both searching for them so they could punch Josephine in the arm haha. Apparently if you find a white one you're the coolest and get to punch everyone else as hard as you can.
Max and his buddies LOVE karate. Max has a thing for asian culture apparently because his favorite things are anime, karate and .....
Origami. Max busts out origami ALL the time. I find it all over our house, and he'll randomly bring me some. It's cute but he needs to chill.
Bootylicious oops I mean Josephine has been trying out gymnastics. I thought a picture of Dominique Dawes was appropriate. Jos has the apple butt of a gymnast but the skill, it's still coming. She and her little friends are so dramatic it's hilarious. I get to hear all about the third grade drama of who is best friends with who, and the rumors of Justin Beiber getting fired.

I have to say the highlight of my week so far though has been Max's friend calling this morning asking Max if he wanted to wear his black calle shirt so they both could wear them together. I did that with Kaile back when we had the same red dress, but I thought that was a girl thing. Haha, I have a feeling I'm going to have some good laughs this weekend.

5 comments:

  1. this post made me laugh out loud at least five times. you are a great writer kate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your brother likes asian things?
    well i like asian boys!
    i think we'd get a long well.
    hahahaha just kidding miss you!
    cant wait for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, you really are a great writer! This entire post is hilarious! And you're such a natural "mom" to Max and Josephine already!

    Max is such a character. Wow. What a funny kid he is. Btw, I remember seeing Josephine at her first big dance recital (with The Pointe) about a year ago (at least I think that's what your mom said during intermission) and I couldn't believe what a good little dancer she was. She's got rhythm!

    Good luck with the kiddos! Yay for Women's Conference!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate, I was just wondering if there were any funny updates on Max & Co. while you played mom? Did he and his friend end up being twinners the other day? (Cute story.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish there were. Max did end up wearing black calle shirts together which was pretty hilarious. My sister said he's done it with his other friend too. They're cute boys

    ReplyDelete